The referee is illegitimate, illegitimate…the referee’s a bastard?
Yes indeed we feel your pain. While the anticlimactic title race and final table have now been decided, don’t despair excitement-craving English Premier League fans there is one title that has yet to be decided in the EPL: The one for worst referee.
You will be relieved to know there is still time to vote in our fourth annual poll for worst referee.
Currently, our shameless leader and defending worst referee in the EPL – Kevin Friend – leads the way in our poll against equally incompetent Mike Dean by approximately 50 votes. We have decided to extend our voting deadline until later in the week when we will announce a winner.
Last year Friend replaced our two-time winner (but really a loser) Howard Webb by taking the title from out-to-pasture Howard Webb, who won the title for its first two seasons, 2012-13, 2013-14.
This year’s race between Dean and Friend is still wide open. But there are also many other incompetent men in black capable of a strong late finish in our standing.
Maybe you think there is someone more incompetent, more deserving of the tittle. A referee who has committed more gaffes and howlers than good old Hapless Howie, Mike ‘I left my cards at home’ Dean or Kevin ‘Sir Falsehood’ Friend’?
So cast your vote in the poll below and please share with friends and fellow supporters.
Who is the worst referee in the English Premier League?
- Paul Tierney (1%, 10 Votes)
- Keith Stroud (1%, 11 Votes)
- Neil Swarbrick (2%, 14 Votes)
- Craig Pawson (2%, 17 Votes)
- Robert Madley (2%, 19 Votes)
- Roger East (3%, 20 Votes)
- Stuart Attwell (3%, 21 Votes)
- Mike Jones (3%, 22 Votes)
- Simon Hooper (3%, 25 Votes)
- Anthony Taylor (4%, 30 Votes)
- Andre Marriner (5%, 36 Votes)
- Lee Mason (5%, 36 Votes)
- Michael Oliver (5%, 37 Votes)
- Jonathan Moss (6%, 47 Votes)
- Mark Clattenburg (9%, 68 Votes)
- Martin Atkinson (9%, 71 Votes)
- Mike Dean (27%, 214 Votes)
- Kevin Friend (34%, 265 Votes)
Total Voters: 787