Mike Dean is still the runaway leader in our poll for worst referee but Robert Madley could become a late challenger after Saturdayâ€™s showing in Manchester.
Madley and his crew completely missed spotting City attacker Raheem Sterling in an offside position when he deflected home Silva ‘ s opening strike in the first half. Then it was Leicester midfielder Chris Albrighton on the nasty end of a brutal elbow to the face by Fernandinho that he and his crew failed to spot.
To his credit he was able to reverse Mahrezâ€™ double-footed misfired late-game penalty strike which would have saved a point for the Foxes. City went on to win the match 2-1 but the big talking point after the match was Madleyâ€™s horid performance. Despite the bright spots, Madleyâ€™s match could be among the worst overall refereeing performances of the year. But is he worthy of this years overall titlr and a spot in our infamous Wall of Referee Shame? Click on the pic of the adorable little chap below and follow the link to see who has one our poll in previous seasons:
Albrighton might think so after the shiner he received. Madley, and revenge, was most likely on his mind as he sat and fumed on the bench with an ice bag held against on swollen face.
There was also talk of a five match suspension in the works for Fernandinho following the match. Perhaps a demotion is in the works for Madley and his crew, despite the candid congratulations to the refereeing crew from City boss Guardiola after the match.
Leicester City fans will sure to be casting their votes and sharing this one to ensure Madley gets the noteriety he deserves. Cast your vote now in our poll for worst EPL referee in the poll below:
Who is the worst referee in the English Premier League (2016-17)?
- Stuart Atwell (0%, 1 Votes)
- Simon Hooper (1%, 4 Votes)
- Mike Jones (1%, 5 Votes)
- Paul Tierney (1%, 7 Votes)
- Neil Swarbrick (1%, 10 Votes)
- Roger East (2%, 12 Votes)
- Keith Stroud (2%, 13 Votes)
- Craig Pawson (4%, 24 Votes)
- Martin Atkinson (4%, 29 Votes)
- Robert Madley (5%, 36 Votes)
- Andre Mariner (6%, 37 Votes)
- Lee Mason (6%, 38 Votes)
- Kevin Friend (6%, 38 Votes)
- Anthony Taylor (7%, 44 Votes)
- Jonathan Moss (7%, 49 Votes)
- Michael Oliver (9%, 62 Votes)
- Mark Clattenburg (16%, 105 Votes)
- Mike Dean (31%, 205 Votes)
Total Voters: 672